!

!

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Some inspirational quotes!!

  • Oprah Winfrey, American media proprietor, talk show host, actress, producer, and philanthropist: "Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down."
  • Barack Obama: “Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it’s only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential.”
  • Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo: “I always did something that I was a little not ready to do. I think that, that is how you grow. When there’s a moment of ‘Wow, I’m not so sure that I can do this, and you push through those moments, it’s then that you have a breakthrough. Sometimes that’s a sign that something really great is about to happen. You’re about to grow and learn a lot more about yourself.”
  • Narayana Murthy, co-founder Infosys: This is what Narayan Murthy wrote to his Infosys staff. "It’s half past 8 in the office but the lights are still on… PCs still running, coffee machines still buzzing… And who’s at work? Most of them??? Take a closer look… All or most specimens are?? Something male species of the human race… It's a typical Indian mentality that working for long hours means very hard-working & 100% commitment etc. People who regularly sit late in the office don't know to manage their time. Simple!”
  • Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook: "The question I ask myself like almost every day is, ‘Am I doing the most important thing I could be doing?’… Unless I feel like I’m working on the most important problem that I can help with, then I’m not going to feel good about how I’m spending my time. And that’s what this company is.”
  • Tim Cook, CEO of Apple: "Life is fragile. We’re not guaranteed a tomorrow so give it everything you’ve got.”
  • Donald Trump, CEO of the Trump Organization: "Without passion, you don’t have any energy, and without energy, you simply have nothing.”
  • Michelle Obama: “One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals. And so when I hear about negative and false attacks, I really don’t invest any energy in them, because I know who I am.”
  • Bill Gates, American Business magnet, Philanthropist: "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."
  • Beyonce, American singer, Songwriter, Actress: “Whenever I feel bad, I use that feeling to motivate me to work harder. I only allow myself one day to feel sorry for myself. When I’m not feeling my best I ask myself, ‘What are you gonna do about it?’ I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment