!

!

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Fun @ Fun World, Bangalore with VIs

Saturday was to be as usual as any other weekend for me. Little did I know, that it would turn out to be such an event-filled break from the monotony of daily life. And I would solely dedicate this to the new initiative by Prarthana and Prateek Kaul’s GiftAbled.

GiftAbled is a concept turned reality to create an inclusive gift store which provides a one stop shop for the gifts for the hearing impaired and the visually challenged.

So on Saturday, guys at GiftAbled (Prarthana and her core team) organized a trip to the Fun World, Palace Grounds, Bangalore to celebrate Joy of Giving Week. But what was different was that this trip was for the kids and adults who were visually challenged. I was one of the lucky 85 volunteers who got the opportunity to accompany the 50+ Vi s(Visually impaired). Trust me, this turned out to be the best event ever for me.

I could not resist noticing the zeal, the enthu in the kids. Some of them are 100pc blind and yet they had the courage to sit in the rides in a few which even we adults would think twice. The aura around them, their confidence, their power of imagination and their courage, give me one more life, even then I won’t be able to match any of them. How we take things in our life for granted and then make ourselves rely on them. And then you look at these kids and realize the actual importance of those things. The logic behind the turns each ride makes, why you get jerk on rides, how do they stop a ride, what happens in emergency case, medical facility of rides etc.. Tonnes of questions and it left me wondering that even though I have gone to so many amusement parks, I never thought about these questions. All I did was get on the ride, have fun and rush to the next one.

I now realize that all the differently-abled people, even though lost one sense, have the capability to develop the others so strong that no one can beat them. The spirit and the smartness they exhibit inspires me even more to have a positive outlook of life. An eye-opener, this day made me realize how little things in life are so important and how being optimistic and patient can win you the day! Hats off to all the people who are working/volunteering to make disabled people a part of the society, an effort to re-invent themselves, to prove their worth, to give them equal opportunity in every aspect of life and to bring smile on their faces.

Check out the pics here(Pics Courtesy: GiftAbled)

1 comment:

  1. Nice post on Fun World . It is a park with so much to offer, in the heart of Bangalore City, with various entertaining activities and rides. Fun World Bangalore entry fee , its timing etc are different for different categories and rides.

    ReplyDelete